COMMONLY USED CONVENTIONS - you may find this helpful.
If you click on the link below this will take you to a page on the ACBL (American Contract Bridge League) site that explains conventions like Stayman, Jacoby 2NT, Roman Keycard Blackwood and many others.
The Orange Bridge Club extends a friendly welcome to visitors and invites you to look around its website.
The Orange Bridge Club was formed in 1987 and currently has 166 members ranging in age from 20 to 97 years of age.
The clubhouse is a spacious and comfortable venue located at 23 Glenroi Avenue, Orange, New South Wales. The Club runs five masterpointed Sessions each week and the results are electronically posted at the end of each session.
You are never too young or too old to start learning bridge and we offer lessons for beginners and once you have finished your lessons, you can join in supervised play, our 'Tops and Bottoms' sessions & Rookie Rivalry games.
If you are visiting Orange and need a partner please use the contact tab to find an appropriate phone number.
Login to Pianola for personal results history, analysis of your performance, and a partner-finder
This Club will reopen August 3 if no further impediments
The Orange Bridge Club Committee met yesterday 7 July and moved toward potentially reopening our Club for play on Monday 3 August 2020. This is on the proviso that the current situation with regard to COVID 19 is maintained until then and there is no further outbreak of the disease as the result of the Melbourne or other outbreaks. The club will be open to members, associates and those undertaking planned lessons only
Before we can reopen the club we need to have an approved COVID Safety Plan which we are currently developing. We will look to support from the NSW Bridge Association to ensure it is legal and meets the requirements of our insurers. Our prime concern is the health and safety of our members and others with whom they come in contact.
When you return to the club you will notice some significant changes. Some key points include:
* When you arrive at the club through the front door only there will be a non-contact temperature check and you will be required to sign a form with your phone number indicating that you have no symptoms of illness
* You will be required to sanitise your hands and this will also occur at the end of every round
* We will not be using the new tableclothes and the surface of the tables will be cleaned before and after play
* You will need to bring your own pencil for scoring
* As far as practical we need to practice social distancing in the club. There will be a maximum of 15 tables or 60 players in any one session
* The kitchen will be closed and you will need to bring your own refreshments
I will send you all a full list of the draft protocols when they are ready and before they are sent to the NSW Bridge Association
Initially we are looking at 2 sessions a week on Monday afternoon and Friday morning. Extra cleaning will be required between sessions to comply with COVID Safe requirements.
At this stage across the state very few bridge clubs have reopened. Dubbo has had a small trial with up to 4 tables but others are at the same stage as us.
I'm sure many of you are looking forward as I am to returning to the club but as we are a high risk group and the nature of bridge requires us to be in close contact we have to ensure that we are not responsible for spreading COVID-19.